Call Now! 602-672-0047
If water of any scope is not mitigated properly, the negative effects can be compounded by mold growth. Mold and other dangerous contaminates can begin to grow in as little as 24 to 48 hours. No matter where the unwanted water comes from, quick and thorough extraction followed by structural drying is imperative. This is where Concept Restoration is called in and our team of certified technicians will arrive at your door in 60 minutes or less to begin the water extraction and drying processes.
Our technicians will get to work immediately to detect any moisture that would entice mold to grow and work on preventative measures to stop the mold from growing and spreading. Here are the steps that we take:
Clients disclose why they would like a mold inspection. Usually they have seen mold, smell a musty odor, feel a high humidity in the home or have become ill at home or a combination of these.
The inspection will entail inspecting for visual signs of mold, water stains, swelling of cabinets or baseboards. Inspecting suspicious areas with a non invasive moisture meter and / or thermal imaging camera to detect additional moisture in the structure.
A third party environmentalist will be used to take baseline samples in the affected and non affected areas. A third party environmentalist should always be hired for impartiality.
The environmentalist drop off the air samples to the lab where they are interpreted and recommendations will be made free of charge. The results are legal documents that are specifically identified for your loss.
After the environmentalist has put together his results of the pretest it will be accompanied with a protocol process for the remediation. It is standard for the protocol to include such things as:
Air samples of the non affected, affected area and the outside areas should be done after all the mold materials have been removed and the framing and contained areas are HEPA vacuumed and wet
If left untreated, mold can destroy whatever it grows on and can cause serious structural damage. Mold also can cause very serious health problems. According to the EPA, molds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. The allergic reactions to mold are common and can either be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. Mold exposure can also irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold allergic and non-allergic people.